EMERGENCY OBSTETRICS CARE (EMOC)
MOHFW & GOI partnership with FOGSI / AVVNI Foundation in association with JHPIEGO a unique program 'Excellence centers' for EMOC - Nodal centres / Tertiary Care centres to serve as EmOC training site for MOs based at FRU for saving maternal lives.
To develop capacity of doctors (General Practitioners & non speciality Medical Officers) in India to provide high quality Emergency Obstetrics Care (EmOC) services in rural areas where skilled obstetricians are not available.
Why EMOC (Emergency Obstetrics Care)
- To reduce Maternal Mortality in country.
- Trained health workers in Emergency Obstetrics Care.
- To improve health facilities at PHC, APHC, SDH, ref Hospitals in rural areas.
- To reduce many health care challenges & improve health indicators.
Achievements of EMOC in FY 2016-17
- In Financial Year 2016-17 there is one batch of EmOC training was completed in group of 7 MOs from 24.08.2016 to 13.12.2016 (In this duration Dr Jacinta Minz, HOD, Dept. OBGY, RIMS was our cheif Co-ordinator.
Specific Objectives of the projects
- Train MOs
- Upgrade their skills and capacity of in EmOC and related maternal health services
- EMOC team members :
- CC- Dr. Anubha Vidyarthi, HOD, Dept. of OBGY, RIMS
- TCTC- Dr. Atima Bharti, Associate Professor, Dept. of OBGY, RIMS
- Master trainers -
- Dr. Archana Kumari, Associate Professor, Dept. of OBGY, RIMS
- Dr. Bratati Moitra, Associate Professor, Dept. of OBGY, RIMS
- Dr. Neelam Nalini, Associate Professor, Dept. of OBGY, RIMS
Ranchi, Jharkhand, India